Saturday, April 24, 2010

Insider secrets....

It annoys me when people dig to the back of my freezer to buy the dessert cake with the longest "sell by" date on it. Especially since I know that they are probably going to eat said cake when they get home or shortly thereafter.

That being said, I now give you some secret info:

I have a freezer in the back, where I pull my cakes from.

I date them when I put them out on the floor, not when they come in. So this means, that "later dated" cake you dug to the back of the freezer for, probably came from the same case that the others ones did. HA HA jokes on YOU.

****And for the LAST time----no, we don't bake ANY OF OUR CAKES IN HOUSE!!!! THEY ALL COME IN FROZEN, ARE DECORATED FROZEN, AND ARE DISPLAYED FROZEN!!!SO STOP ASKING ME IF I HAVE ANY THAWED OUT!!!!****


Oh and since all of you assholes take the later dated cakes....have no fear, you still eat the closer dated ones...I cut them for cake slices.

On a related note, why the hell do people ask me "Is this fresh?"?!?!?!
I F'n HATE this question. Why the hell would I sell you stale baked goods? WHY?! Do you think I'm somehow out to get you, one stale pastry at a time. For one thing, that would be REALLY lame, I could come up with much better ways to torment you. And secondly, I just don't care that much.


:)

Stayin' "fresh",
*GroceryGirl*

2 comments:

  1. I'm a writer and contributing editor for Reader's Digest, and I'm working on a story called "50 secrets your grocery store won't tell you." For the story, my editor wants me to talk to all sorts of people involved in supermarkets: managers, cashiers, stock people, baggers, deli people, and yes, cake decorators. I was hoping you might be willing to help me with the article. You can be anonymous. To see some similar stories I've written (which all include anonymous sources), google my name and "50 secrets" and "rd." If you can help, please email me at michellecrouchwriter(at)gmail(dot)com and we can set up a time to chat by phone. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. Thanks so much! -- Michelle Crouch, freelance writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had financial problems, then it is time for you to smile. You only need to contact Mr. Benjamin  with the amount you wish to borrow and the payment period that suits you and you will have your loan  within three working days. I just benefited for the sixth time a loan of 700 thousand dollars for a period of 180 months with the possibility of paying before the expiration date. Mr Benjamin has be helping me with loan.Make contact with him and you will see that he is a very honest man with a good heart.His email is lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  / lfdsloans@outlook.com   and his WhatApp phone number is + 1-989-394-3740 

    ReplyDelete